Monday, October 3, 2011

Movie Review: Dolphin Tale

Movie: Dolphin Tale
Release Date: September 23, 2011
Type: Drama, Family
Rated: PG
Director:Charles Martin Smith
Writers:Karen Janszen, Noam Dromi
Storyline:
A lonely and friendless boy finds and untangles a hurt dolphin that is caught in a crab trap. He becomes very attached to the dolphin when the tail must be taken off to save the dolphin's life. The boy believes the dolphin would be able to swim normally if it was given a prosthetic tail.


Thoughts:
I went and saw this the other night with my friend, and I have to say it was an adorable movie. Not many movies make me want to cry, but ones with animals always tend to have that affect on me especially if the animal is hurt, or something is going to happen. (Marley and me, The fox and the hound) I felt so bad for winter, and everytime they went to try a tail on her, and it didn't work I was sad. I think what makes this worse is that it's based on a true story (See Winter Website). These kinds of movies always make me want to try and help those that can't help themselves.

I enjoyed some of the actors while others were kinda eh to me. The little girl who played Hazel while she was cute and all. The parts where she had to be upset just didn't seem real to me. Sorry I'm not trying to be mean. I always love watching Morgan Freeman play in  movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment